Sunday 22 November 2015

My What a Whopper!

Today's post showcases some encounters with particularly big sharks.

Once again I'd like to thank Chris for these first two covers (Click for larger images).

Cold Blue Death (1970) was the first adventure featuring William Martin, codename Tiger Shark, an agent of The Secret Underwater Service. I think this one definitely wins the prize for biggest shark!



Judging by this review (scroll down), the cover is probably the best thing about Rip Tide (1984).



1953. Painted by Fred Freeman. I'm not sure my trunks would still be white in those circumstances!



Ironically given the title of this post, I'm afraid I only have small scans of the next two covers.

1957. This is the odd one out as it features a Whale Shark. Being a plankton eater it would be no danger to divers.



1961.



1 comment:

  1. I read Rip Tide a few years ago, it is truly dreadful.

    ReplyDelete

If you've come here to post spam then don't waste your time. It will never be seen.